In our ever-changing world, faced with natural disasters, and life-changing challenges, we are in need of a sure foundation. Studies show that there is an increased number of cases involving bullying, and mental health issues in our younger children. Our children are in need of a God who guides, protects, and comforts us. A God of peace and love. A God who can transform us into the character of Christ. Gethsemane Christian SDA Junior Academy has the missing piece to the education puzzle that completes the whole child. God resides in our school. Christ is our example, and the Holy Spirit guides and comforts us.
Because our school provides a healthy academic environment based on Christian principles, we focus on the spiritual, mental, and physical well-being of our students, which has powerful success stories to prove it.
- More than 80% of graduates from Adventist schools attend college and complete college degrees, compared to 14% of graduates from public schools.
- Adventist students scored above the national average on standardized tests and showed above average growth in the ability to problem-solve and think critically.
- Adventist students perform above the national average—across subjects and across demographics—with their abilities increasing the longer they spend in Adventist schools. Click here to learn more about what sets us apart.
We exist to help students grow in their love for Jesus, and we see it happening every day. It starts with our commitment to making Christ the center of all we do––not just the subject of a single Bible class. And it continues through our focus on the Bible as the sole guide for our beliefs and behavior. We invite you to visit our campus and experience how our teachers and staff model their love for God and nurture it in our students by:
- Developing a personal relationship with God
- Participating in our holistic education curriculum.
- Allowing God to come into our lives and begin the transformation into what He desires us to be.
Gethsemane Christian SDA Junior Academy is remodeling! Not the building, but the program. The highly recognized Adventist curriculum and standards we currently use will not change, but we have embarked on a three year plan to refocus our teaching and learning practices to become a STEAM focused school. STEAM is an acronym for Science-Technology-Engineering-Art-Math. Students with strong STEAM backgrounds are in demand. We want to give our talented students every opportunity for success. Whether a student is headed for a STEAM focused career or another field, the project based learning, problem solving skills, and teamwork our developing STEAM curriculum will promote will be a benefit to our students.
Gethsemane Christian SDA Academy operates in harmony with the guidance and direction of the Office of Education, North American Division of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.